Have an appetite for Giada’s Stuffed Mushrooms? We sure do. Giada De Laurentiis is one of our absolute favorite women, and perhaps our most favorite of chefs. So with respect and appreciation to lovely Giada, to celebrate this holiday season, here’s one of the beautiful chef’s favorite Holiday recipes. Her infamous Stuffed Mushrooms. Check out more of Giada’s great recipes at her website.
Stuffed Mushrooms – Giada De Laurentiis
Makes 28 servings
What You’ll Need:
1/2 cup Italian-style dried breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
What You’ll Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir the breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat.
4. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom.
5. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Serve.
Have a wonderful holiday season. Many thanks to beautiful Giada De Laurentiis.
Recipes by Giada De Laurentiis; some photos by Chris New.